directory-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Null Pointer Exception on replication 2.0.0-M20 java{7,8}
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2015 04:43:15 GMT
On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 2:03 AM, David Cheney <dcheney@nunahealth.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to set up master/slave replication with the latest release
> of Directory Server.
> I'm using Directory Studio to configure replication by adding a consumer on
> the slave using the admin credentials for the master.
>
> From the logs it appears that the slave is contacting the master and
> attempting to replicate, but the master throws a null pointer exception
> while attempting to produce a result set:
>
> I have just tested it using the latest trunk(-M20) and didn't see this

can you provide us with bit more information,

is this happening during first time after configuring replication? or
during the subsequent restart?
what search filter are you using in the replication configuration?

[03:09:08] ERROR [org.apache.directory.server.PROVIDER_LOG] - Failed to
> [...]
> >
> org.apache.directory.server.ldap.replication.provider.SyncReplRequestHandler.sendSearchResultEntry(SyncReplRequestHandler.java:754)
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.directory.server.ldap.replication.provider.SyncReplRequestHandler.readResults(SyncReplRequestHandler.java:722)
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.directory.server.ldap.replication.provider.SyncReplRequestHandler.doSimpleSearch(SyncReplRequestHandler.java:671)
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.directory.server.ldap.replication.provider.SyncReplRequestHandler.doInitialRefresh(SyncReplRequestHandler.java:562)
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.directory.server.ldap.replication.provider.SyncReplRequestHandler.handleSyncRequest(SyncReplRequestHandler.java:311)
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.directory.server.ldap.handlers.request.SearchRequestHandler.handleReplication(SearchRequestHandler.java:240)
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.directory.server.ldap.handlers.request.SearchRequestHandler.handle(SearchRequestHandler.java:200)
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.directory.server.ldap.handlers.request.SearchRequestHandler.handle(SearchRequestHandler.java:93)
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.directory.server.ldap.handlers.LdapRequestHandler.handleMessage(LdapRequestHandler.java:207)
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.directory.server.ldap.handlers.LdapRequestHandler.handleMessage(LdapRequestHandler.java:56)
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.mina.handler.demux.DemuxingIoHandler.messageReceived(DemuxingIoHandler.java:221)
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.directory.server.ldap.LdapProtocolHandler.messageReceived(LdapProtocolHandler.java:217)
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.mina.core.filterchain.DefaultIoFilterChain$TailFilter.messageReceived(DefaultIoFilterChain.java:854)
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.mina.core.filterchain.DefaultIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(DefaultIoFilterChain.java:542)
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.mina.core.filterchain.DefaultIoFilterChain.access$1300(DefaultIoFilterChain.java:48)
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.mina.core.filterchain.DefaultIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceived(DefaultIoFilterChain.java:943)
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.mina.core.filterchain.IoFilterEvent.fire(IoFilterEvent.java:74)
> >         at org.apache.mina.core.session.IoEvent.run(IoEvent.java:63)
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.mina.filter.executor.UnorderedThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(UnorderedThreadPoolExecutor.java:475)
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.mina.filter.executor.UnorderedThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(UnorderedThreadPoolExecutor.java:429)
>

> I initially was running on java8, then downgraded to java7 when I saw that

I have tested it using jre 1.7.0_71 on Ubuntu 14.10 64bit

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com