directory-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Importing a Certificate
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2015 13:49:10 GMT
On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 8:25 PM, Kiran Ayyagari <kayyagari@apache.org>
wrote:

> Hi Kevin,
>
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 8:14 PM, Kevin Hamilton <khamilton@umem.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I emailed last week but haven't received a reply. Was hoping the message
>> didn't slip through the cracks.
>>
>> yep indeed, I kept that in my inbox but forgot to respond, sorry about
> that.
>
>> I was wondering how to import a certificate into ApacheDS. All I have is a
>> certificate file (.crt) and a private key file (.key). Are there
>> instructions for importing this type of certificate into ApacheDS?
>>
>> there are none at the moment, you can just update the relevant attributes
> in
> the entry with DN uid=admin,ou=system
>
> but let me put those instructions in a doc on the site.
>
> let you know as soon as I get the doc live on the site

before the doc I just wrote an utility to make it a little more easier
you can pass your certificate, privatekey files and password to this[1] tool
and it gives you an LDIF that can be executed in Studio.

1. checkout project
      svn co
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/sandbox/kayyagari/cert-util
cert-util

2. cd cert-util

3. mvn clean install

4. run the tool using command
     java -jar target/cert-util.jar </path/to/cert-file.cer>
</path/to/private-key.pem> <key-password>

5. if the above command executes successfully then copy the output and
execute it using Studio

6. restart the server

Can you give it a try? if you encounter any issues please let me know.

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/sandbox/kayyagari/cert-util

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com