directory-users mailing list archives

From David Paulsen <dave.paul...@kewill.com>
Subject Getting Password Expired Instead of Invalid Credentials
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2015 22:27:46 GMT
First of all, I'm using the ApacheDS Trunk that I downloaded and built on
2/24/2014.

When I log in with invalid credentials AND the password is expired, I
would expect to get the invalid credentials error:
LDAPException: Invalid Credentials (49) Invalid Credentials
LDAPException: Server Message: INVALID_CREDENTIALS: Bind failed: ERR_229
Cannot authenticate user
uid=admin,ou=DJPS1,ou=DVHead,dc=kewilltransport,dc=com

Instead I get the password expired error:
LDAPException: Invalid Credentials (49) Invalid Credentials
LDAPException: Server Message: INVALID_CREDENTIALS: Bind failed: paasword
expired

I would think we should get the invalid credentials error in that case.

Thanks!