directory-users mailing list archives

From David Paulsen <dave.paul...@kewill.com>
Subject Re: Adding larrge number of password policies is slow
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2015 17:14:41 GMT
Kiran Ayyagari <kayyagari@...> writes:

> On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 12:17 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny <elecharny@...m>
> wrote:
>
> > Le 03/02/15 16:36, Kiran Ayyagari a écrit :

> > 1000's
Note
> > (200-
> > >>
> > > this is expected, cause the configuration is stored in a text file
> > > and each update on this partition results in re-writing the entire
config
> > > file
> >
> > I wonder if there is not a way to tell the server to use the multi-file
> > version of the config, which would make it much faster...
> >
> > no, instead we might have to think of completely moving to this new
> format

If there is any way to make this perform better I would really appreciate
it!

Are there any options in the short term I have for making this perform?
For example, can I configure the server to write changes to disk in batches
(rather that for every change) while performing a mass import of data? Any
other ideas?