directory-users mailing list archives

From David Paulsen <dave.paul...@kewill.com>
Subject Adding larrge number of password policies is slow
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2015 14:57:48 GMT
Hello...

Our application is a hosted, multi-tenant application where we have 1000's
organzations (ou's), with each having it's own password policy. I have a Java
utility that adds all the policies to ApacheDS. Adding the first few hundred
adds take 2-3 seconds each, which is OK. But as the number of policies
increases, the time to add new policies steadily increases too. For example,
adding the 5300th (yes we have that many!) takes about 15 seconds. Note that
the time to add orgs (ou's) and users (uid's) stays pretty constant (200-
500ms)

I am using 2.0.0.M19, and all the default settings on a Windows 7 box.

Any ideas on increasing the performance for password policy adds?

Thanks!