directory-users mailing list archives

From John Peter <jmr...@iki.fi>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] groupofnames search is slow
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2015 09:17:32 GMT
Hi,

Thanks Emmanuel for all the quick responses and fix.

I see the fix version is M20. Any idea when the M20 version will be
released?

I have the member attribute and ObjectClass indexed. I even exported
everything to ldif file. Then reinstalled apacheDS and addded the index and
imported all back. I read somewhere that an index would not be used
otherwise. But is the current ApacheDS doing the indexing just by
restarting?

In my setup the query with or without (objectClass=groupOfNames) takes
aprox the same time which is around 4 to 5 seconds depending on the uid I'm
searching for.

(&(member=uid=john,uid=1.2.246.1.1.1111.10.0,ou=users,dc=
test,dc=fi)(objectClass=groupOfNames))
(member=uid=john,uid=1.2.246.1.1.1111.10.0,ou=users,dc=test,dc=fi)

Thanks for all the help.

--
John