directory-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Adding larrge number of password policies is slow
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2015 15:36:32 GMT
On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 10:57 PM, David Paulsen <dave.paulsen@kewill.com>
wrote:

> Hello...
>
> Our application is a hosted, multi-tenant application where we have 1000's
> organzations (ou's), with each having it's own password policy. I have a
> Java
> utility that adds all the policies to ApacheDS. Adding the first few
> hundred
> adds take 2-3 seconds each, which is OK. But as the number of policies
> increases, the time to add new policies steadily increases too. For
> example,
> adding the 5300th (yes we have that many!) takes about 15 seconds. Note
> that
> the time to add orgs (ou's) and users (uid's) stays pretty constant (200-
> 500ms)

this is expected, cause the configuration is stored in a text file
and each update on this partition results in re-writing the entire config
file

> I am using 2.0.0.M19, and all the default settings on a Windows 7 box.
>
> Any ideas on increasing the performance for password policy adds?

 no, not any that I can think of at the moment,
the other way is to move configuration to store in JDBM partition rather
than in a text file,
this is doable, but requires a custom build.

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com