directory-users mailing list archives

From "Hurni, Kevin (ITS)" <Kevin.Hu...@its.ny.gov>
Subject RE: Apache Directory Studio-incorrect counts via LDAP
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2015 19:39:36 GMT
There is no subtree as previously stated in the cn=users area in the AD tree.

Unless I'm misinterpreting the use of the word subtree.

--Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Lécharny [mailto:elecharny@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2015 2:32 PM
To: users@directory.apache.org
Subject: Re: Apache Directory Studio-incorrect counts via LDAP

Le 25/02/15 20:26, Hurni, Kevin (ITS) a écrit :
> Hello Stefan,
>
> Thank you again for the idea.  Fortunately (or unfortunately) there were no duplicate
DN (I didn't think AD would let you do that anyway).
> HOWEVER, when I exported the list of everything I discovered that someone had accidentally
put 3 groups (vs. users) into the CN=Users area in AD, which of course, is allowed, but that
seems to explain the count difference.

> It seems that Apache displays the number of objects in parenthesis, regardless of the
filter/search results.  Not sure if this is normal (you'll notice my previous posting with
the filter, I was filtering on objectclass=user).   Although I think MS has objectclass=user
on other non-user objects (like file servers, for some reason)

> But it's the only way I can find a difference of "3".

You probably have done a SUBTREE search, which pull all the entries and their descendant...