directory-users mailing list archives

From Michael Perelman <mikhail_perel...@hotmail.com>
Subject ldif import works in studio, fails with LdifFileLoader
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2015 18:26:43 GMT
Hi. My case involves an embedded instance of ADS-M17 where I load a simple .ldif file during
start-up using LdifFileLoader instance. I always use the Studio to perform initial tests,
and it works in this particular case. But when I use LdifFileLoader, the security-related
entities are never created. Here is what the .ldif looks like:

dn: ou=people,dc=mycompany,dc=com
objectClass: organizationalUnit
objectClass: top
ou: people

dn: dc=mycompany,dc=com
objectclass: domain
objectclass: top
objectclass: extensibleObject
dc: mycompany
ou: mycompany

dn: dc=mycompany,dc=com
changetype: modify
add: administrativeRole
administrativeRole: accessControlSpecificArea

dn: cn=allowUserSelfMod,dc=mycompany,dc=com
objectClass: subentry
objectClass: accessControlSubentry
objectClass: top
cn: allowUserSelfMod
prescriptiveACI: { identificationTag "", precedence 0, authenticationLevel s
 imple, itemOrUserFirst userFirst: { userClasses { thisEntry }, userPermissi
 ons { { protectedItems { entry }, grantsAndDenials { grantBrowse, grantRetu
 rnDN, grantModify, grantRead } }, { protectedItems { allAttributeValues { u
 serPassword } }, grantsAndDenials { grantRemove, grantAdd } } } } }
subtreeSpecification: { }

The dc=mycompany,dc=com partition and its ou=people org unit are created successfully when
using either the Studio or the LdifFileLoader. Yet partition's administrativeRole and accessControlSubentry
are only created when using the Studio, while importing via LdifFileLoader does not! And no
exceptions are thrown at any time.

Thanks!