directory-users mailing list archives

From Michael Perelman <mikhail_perel...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: ldif import works in studio, fails with LdifFileLoader
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2015 21:04:10 GMT
I do not see an error. Both .ldif files import without throwing an exception, but I do not
see the administrativeRole entry under my partition in the Studio. I typically right-click
on my partition entry and then select Fetch-->Fetch Operational Attributes to expose its
presence. When I add administrativeRole via Studio, it appears below my partition's existing
attributes. But in this case it is not there. Furthermore, LdifFileLoader.execute() returns
0 when importing my "actions" .ldif, which indicates that no changes were introduced during
the import.

> Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 19:54:07 +0100
> From: elecharny@gmail.com
> To: users@directory.apache.org
> Subject: Re: ldif import works in studio, fails with LdifFileLoader
>
> Le 24/02/15 19:30, Michael Perelman a écrit :
> > I looked at the issue that you have opened on this matter, and it seems to suggest
that the workaround entails splitting the .ldif file into two .ldif files -- one for content
and another for actions. I i went ahead and isolated the following entry into its own separate
.ldif file:

> > dn: dc=mycompany,dc=com
> > changetype: modify
> > add: administrativeRole
> > administrativeRole: accessControlSpecificArea
> >
> > But that still does not add administrativeRole to my partition. Could you please
provide a more detailed description of the workaround? Thanks!