directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <m...@stefan-seelmann.de>
Subject Re: Apache Directory Studio-incorrect counts via LDAP
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2015 22:53:49 GMT
On 02/25/2015 11:00 PM, Hurni, Kevin (ITS) wrote:
> Hello,
> Yes, once I realized that the "cn=users" had 3 group objects in them, then the count
make sense.
> So there were like 5,386 (in parenthesis), but the export was 5,385.  As an example.
> What does puzzle me, though, is why does Apache have the number in parenthesis be different
than the search results?  I thought they should match.

> Example:
> Let's say you have ou=users
> And you have 500 user objects in there.  100 of the users have mail attribute present.
 The other 400 do not.
> I would've thought that if you construct an LDAP query of base: ou=users and something
like:
> (&(objectclass=user)(mail=*))
> That the number in parenthesis would be 100, and the results would be 100.
>
> In this case, for some strange reason, Apache feels the need to include the 3 group objects
in the parenthesis even though the search filter doesn't count/include them.

No, the filtering is done on the server (AD) and the server only returns
the entries that match the filter. Studio just displays those entries
returned by the server, it doesn't "know" that there are more ;)

I checked the code, the number in parenthesis is the number of search
result entries plus the number of search continuations (referrals). So
now I suspect a search result reference.

I was able to reproduce your problem. I have 4 normal entries and added
one referral. When I search I get the 4 entries plus one additional
entry that represents the search continuation, the number in parenthesis
is 5. Then I changed the folding size (in browser view preferences) to
3. Now I get the folders, the 1st shows 1...3 and the 2nd 4...4, the
search continuation is hidden, the number in parenthesis is still 5.

What you can try:
* disable the folding (Preferences -> Browser View), then I think those
search continuation entries should be visible. Or
* in the search change the Referral Handling to "Ignore Referrals"

Kind Regards,
Stefan