directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] groupofnames search is slow
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2015 10:07:02 GMT
Le 20/02/15 10:17, John Peter a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Thanks Emmanuel for all the quick responses and fix.
>
> I see the fix version is M20. Any idea when the M20 version will be
> released?
No. Soon, but no date.

> I have the member attribute and ObjectClass indexed. I even exported
> everything to ldif file. Then reinstalled apacheDS and addded the index and
> imported all back. I read somewhere that an index would not be used
> otherwise. But is the current ApacheDS doing the indexing just by
> restarting?
yes. if you add an index, and restart the server, it will detect that
the index has not been created, and will create it on the fly.

> In my setup the query with or without (objectClass=groupOfNames) takes
> aprox the same time which is around 4 to 5 seconds depending on the uid I'm
> searching for.
>
> (&(member=uid=john,uid=1.2.246.1.1.1111.10.0,ou=users,dc=
> test,dc=fi)(objectClass=groupOfNames))

You don't need to add the (objectClass=groupOfNames) part, as 'member'
is only used by this ObjectClass (unless you have created your own
Objectclass using 'member'). Not using it will not improve the speed a
lot though.

I can provide an intermediate M20 build for you to test it...