directory-users mailing list archives

From "Brett Gilmer" <brett.gil...@tklabs.com>
Subject RE: Replication between ApacheDS and openLDAP
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2015 15:11:03 GMT
The OpenLDAP is 2.4.39, which is being used because it is running on a Synology DSM and this
is what it installs.

It was a challenge to get the sync to work at all, since it always sends at least "rid=300"
for a starter-cookie instead of a blank one, so I did some tracing through the code and set
up the provider side manually, which worked for about a day but then openLDAP started sending
this double-csn-cookie.

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Lécharny [mailto:elecharny@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 4, 2015 11:07 PM
To: users@directory.apache.org
Subject: Re: Replication between ApacheDS and openLDAP

Le 04/02/15 14:34, Brett Gilmer a écrit :
> Could this be a configuration issue on either side, or is the sync between ApacheDS and
OpenLDAP not supported?
We aren't expecting OpenLDAP to send 2 CSN in the cookie, and we have to understand why it's
what we get from OpenLDAP.

In any case, the cookie is opaque information not expected to be documented except by the
implementers. However, we do expect that the cookie we receive from OpenLDAP is something
we can deal with.

FTR, which version of OpenLDAP are you using ?