directory-users mailing list archives

From John Shaver <bobjohn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Compiling apachds for arm
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2014 23:09:38 GMT
On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 4:04 PM, Stefan Seelmann
<mail@stefan-seelmann.de> wrote:
> I think there is no need to compile it for ARM. Java compiler produces
> bytecode that is platform independent. So you can just compile on
> another machine or just download the zip/tgz version and run it on the
> ARM with right JVM. Or am I missing something?

I thought so too, but I'm not too experienced with Java.  When I saw
that it was requiring a compile after downloading, I assumed it was
using some C++ magic somewhere (I see this alot with libraries in
nodejs and python) and that it would need to be compiled for the
machine.

If I can just compile it on my laptop and copy over the installers,
that'd be great!

-John