directory-users mailing list archives

From "Iliev, Hristo" <hristo.il...@sap.com>
Subject 2.0.0-M19 as LDAP wrapper/proxy
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2014 13:33:49 GMT
Hi,

We want to integrate Cloud Foundry UAA (#1) with authentication systems not supporting LDAP
natively. To do this we want to use ApacheDS 2.0.0-M19 as proxy server that delegates authentication
requests to our own backend.

To ensure pluggable backend we want to use LDAP client that talks to Apache DS with search
& bind or simple bind. The used user and password for the bind should then be forwarded
to our backend:

Client -----> Apache DS -----> Backend

We tried to use Interceptors as described in the documentation (#2) , but we found out that
lookup does not have information about the password (nor entry in the LookupOperationContext),
so this seems as dead-end.

Can someone recommend the best way to implement proxy/wrapper with Apache DS 2.0.0? Should
we use RequestHandlers instead?

Regards,
Hristo Iliev

1: https://github.com/cloudfoundry/uaa/blob/master/docs/UAA-LDAP.md