directory-users mailing list archives

From Michael Ströder <mich...@stroeder.com>
Subject Re: Getting total count of entries in a container
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2014 12:21:43 GMT
Jim Willeke wrote:
> There is an old draft for:
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-boreham-numsubordinates-01
>
> And I do think this type of attribute does supply value. Many client we
> work with monitor container counts for stats and compliance.

Not many servers support numSubordinates though. And it's of less value when
search scope and search filter come into play.

> Since I know Michael loves doing Drafts, perhaps he would like to ...

Hmm, how about others pushing things on ldapext mailing list? ;-)
At least everybody interested in developing LDAP controls, schema etc. should
stay tuned to ldapext.

Ciao, Michael.