directory-users mailing list archives

From Ike Ikonne <iiko...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Secured LDAP Account
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2014 16:26:36 GMT
Hi all,

Do you have the LDAP Server certificate included in your
TrustManager Algorithm?  Also, make sure that you are using
secure socket to bind to port 636.

Ike

From:   Syed Mudassir Ahmed <syed.mudassir@gaiatv.in>
To:     users@directory.apache.org,
Date:   11/05/2014 10:14 AM
Subject:        Secured LDAP Account

I am trying to obtain an ldap connection.  Using port 389 I am
successfully
able to get connection.
But when I try to use LdapNetworkConnection(<IP Address>, 636, true) and
then invoke bind(dn, password), I am getting PROTOCOL_ERROR.
Using LdapBrowser I am able to connect to my LDAP server over port 636.
But through Java program its not getting connected.  Can u help?

Thanks,
Syed.

Syed M Ahmed
Senior Member of Technical Staff