directory-users mailing list archives

From Neha Rawat <nneharaw...@gmail.com>
Subject Overriding machine rules for attributes
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2014 08:32:11 GMT
Hello,
Is there a way to override matching rules in attribute?
Specifically I may have to execute case-sensitive search at one time and
case-insensitive search at some other time  on the same attribute.

I read a few articles and found that I can use extensible filters for the
same.
I tried the below syntax while setting the filter but that does not work
for me and I get no results.

"(attribute:2.5.3.12:=value)" (where "2.5.3.12" is the numeric OID for the
caseIgnoreMatch equality matching rule).

I also tried to
use org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.filter.ExtensibleNode class but
could not find enough examples to check its correct usage.

I have to use JNDI for this. It would be great if you could help me out.

Thanks,
Neha