directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: upgrade ApacheDS from M17 to M19
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2014 12:55:57 GMT
Le 26/11/14 13:42, Peter Speybrouck a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that there is a new release 2.0.0-M19.
>
> I currently have the 64 bit RPM package installed on CentOS 6.5.
> Since I am new to ApacheDS, I am not sure how I should upgrade to this new
> version without losing my current configuration. I also don't see any
> upgrade instructions on the website.
>
> 1. Should I just install the new RPM?

You wil have to keep a copy of your partitions data and configuration,
install, and move the copy to where the new version is installed.
> 2. Is the old M17 release automatically removed and replaced by M19?
yes
> 3. Does it automatically keep my configuration or do I need to
> export/import these? For the latter, what exactly do I need to do?

The config.ldif file can be find in the conf directory :

+-- conf/
|    |
|    +-- config.ldif
|    |
|    +-- wrapper.conf
|    |
|    +-- log4j.properties

+-- partitions/
|    |
|    +-- system/
|    |    |
|    |    +-- master.db
|    |    |
|    |    +-- objectclass.db
|    |    |
|    |    +-- objectclass.lg
|    |    |
|    |    +-- <index XXX lg and db files>
|    |
|    +-- schema/
|    |    |
|    |    :
|    |
|    +-- <partition XXX>
|    |    |
|    :    :

+-- log/
|    |
|   [+-- journal.ldif]
|    |
|    +-- <log file>

+-- run/

+-- cache/

+-- syncrepl-data/

Save what you have in config.ldif and in your partition. If you have
made some change sin your schema, save the schema partition either.

Feel free to repost if you have any problem.