directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Secured LDAP Account
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2014 17:23:09 GMT
Le 05/11/14 18:07, Ike Ikonne a écrit :
> Hi Syed,
>
> Just to make sure, you may add this to the command-line
> that you are using to run your Java program,
>
> -Djavax.net.debug=ssl,handshake,trustmanager
>
> This will tell all the truth about what is going on regarding
> the SSL aspect of the connection.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ike

Otherwise, have a look at the tests :
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/directory/apacheds/trunk/ldap-client-test/src/test/java/org/apache/directory/shared/client/api/LdapSSLConnectionTest.java?revision=1567956&view=markup

the testBindRequest() test is doing a secured bind request, so is
testStartTLSBindRequest() but this time using TLS (the right way to
establish a secured connection).

In any case, that requires to define a LdapConnectionConfig instance
(see the setup() method for that). The critical point is to define a
valid Trustmanager which will validate the certificates. In teh samples,
we use a Trustmanager that does not check teh certificate.

Hope it helps.

Side note : we would fancy a JIRA to get the doccumentation imrpoved.
It's really needing some love...