directory-users mailing list archives

From "Morris, Chris" <Chris.Mor...@dynetics.com>
Subject 2.2-binding-unbinding User's Guide Error
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2014 20:22:29 GMT
To whom it may concern,

I am working through the User's Guide, and some of the code examples that you have in "2.2-binding-unbinding"
shows the following:

@Test
public void testAnonymousBindRequest() throws Exception
{
    BindResponse bindResponse = connection.bind();

    assertNotNull( bindResponse );
    assertEquals( ResultCodeEnum.SUCCESS, bindResponse.getLdapResult().getResultCode() );
    assertTrue( connection.isAuthenticated() );
}

The problem is that I am getting an error on the "BindResponse  bindResponse = connection.bind();"
line stating, "cannot convert from type void to BindResponse." So, does connection.bind()
not return anything, because that is my assumption at this point. If that is true, than the
above needs to be updated as well as the rest of that page. If that is not true, I literally
have inserted this code into my program, so what am I doing wrong?

Regards,
Chris Morris

The information contained in this message, and any attachments, may contain privileged and/or
proprietary information that is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed.
Moreover, it may contain export restricted technical data controlled by Export Administration
Regulations (EAR) or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Any review, retransmission,
dissemination, or re-export to foreign or domestic entities by anyone other than the intended
recipient in accordance with EAR and/or ITAR regulations is prohibited.