directory-users mailing list archives

From Michael Remijan <mjremi...@live.com>
Subject Cannot install the Apache DS Eclipse plugin.
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2014 13:04:25 GMT
All:

I use the following update site
http://directory.apache.org/studio/update/2.x/ and attempt to install all
the components of the plugin.  When I do, I get the following error:

------

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be
found.

Software currently installed: Apache Directory Studio RCP 2.0.0.v20130628
(org.apache.directory.studio.rcp.feature.feature.group 2.0.0.v20130628)

------

Based on previous suggestions, I attempted to install only the following
componets: ApacheDS Configuration, LDAP Browser, LDAP Servers, LDIF Editor,
Schema Editor. This did not work either.  The installation was able to
complete without error, however, when Eclipse (Kepler) restarted the Error
Logs showed loading the Apache DS plugin failed because the RPC dependency
was missing.  The failure of the Apache DS plugin cascaded and caused other
failures so I had to uninstall the plugin to get Eclipse working properly
again.

Can someone please advise how to properly install Apache DS plugin for
Eclipse and get around these errors?