directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Service accounts
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2014 14:48:36 GMT
Le 12/09/14 16:15, Paul Johnston a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Thanks Emmanuel. I guess that is an option, but it has a number of compulsory
> fields (e.g. uidNumber) that don't really apply to this account. Any other ideas?

The thing is to know what AttributeType you want to store in this
ObjectClass. Typically, if a userPassword is a requirement, then you
have a chice between those ObjectClasses :

- dmd
- domain
- organization
- organizationalUnit
- person
- posixAccount
- posixGroup
- shadowAccount
- simpleSecurityObject

Here, I can't really help, it's really up to you to define what you need.

Last, not least, you can create your own ObjectClass and add the needed
AttributeType into it.