directory-users mailing list archives

From Ike Ikonne <iiko...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: SASL DIGEST-MD5 Authentication
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2014 22:40:46 GMT
Hi,

I use JNDI API  on JRE 1.7  to establish connection to APACHE DS.
I am able to establish SIMPLE authentication to APACHE DS, I am
just trying to get DIGEST-MD5 to work.  Here are my enironment:

         Hashtable env = new Hashtable();
        env.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, ldapCtxFactory);

        if (authMethod != null)
            env.put(Context.SECURITY_AUTHENTICATION, authMethod);
        if (principal != null)
            env.put(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, principal);
        if (credentials != null)
            env.put(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, credentials);
        if (referral != null)
            env.put(Context.REFERRAL, referral);
        if (ldapVer != null)
            env.put("java.naming.ldap.version", ldapVer);
       env.put("java.naming.security.sasl.realm", "example.com");

Tell me, do I need to configure the example.com realm or is it
configured as a default by APACHE DS?

Thanks,

Ike