directory-users mailing list archives

From Prasad Bodapati <prasad.bodap...@pb.com>
Subject RE: Adding mail attribute to objectClass groupOfNames
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2014 09:57:22 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Lécharny [mailto:elecharny@gmail.com]
Sent: 01 August 2014 09:38
To: users@directory.apache.org
Subject: Re: Adding mail attribute to objectClass groupOfNames

Le 01/08/2014 10:33, Prasad Bodapati a écrit :
> Thank you very much. The reason I wanted to add mail attribute is for testing purpose
only.
> The API I am writing sync users and groups from any LDAP to SOLR. Whichever way my clients
setup their LDAP all  I need is "mail" attribute in their groups node.

> I am correct imagining that ApacheDS users will always have it ?
No. There is no such thing as an "apacheDS user". ApacheDS is an LDAP server, it only contains
whatever you inject into it.

It's up to you to define what will go into the server, and the structure of your entries.

Yeah that make sense, thank you.