directory-users mailing list archives

From Prasad Bodapati <prasad.bodap...@pb.com>
Subject RE: Adding mail attribute to objectClass groupOfNames
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2014 09:17:15 GMT
It works.
Thank you very much very quick response.
Have a good day.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kiran Ayyagari [mailto:kayyagari@apache.org]
Sent: 31 July 2014 10:12
To: users@directory.apache.org
Subject: Re: Adding mail attribute to objectClass groupOfNames

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 2:32 PM, Prasad Bodapati <prasad.bodapati@pb.com>
wrote:

>   Hi All
>
> I have been trying to add mail attribute to existing objectClass
> groupOfNames. I could not find the objectClass groupOfNames in the OU
> schema ?

mail attribute is part of inetOrgPerson objectClass

>  is there a another objectClass for group which have mail attribute ?
> If not How can I add to the groupOfNames or groupOfUniqueNames.

one way to do this is, add the objectClass "extensibleObject" to this entry
containing "groupOfNames" or "groupOfUniqueNames"   after which you can add
"mail" attribute

>  Is there any reason why ApacheDS does not have mail attribute for
> groupOfNames by default ?

this is a standard objectClass, not specific to ApacheDS

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com