directory-users mailing list archives

From "Foust, David M. (MSFC-IS80)[EAST]" <david.fo...@nasa.gov>
Subject [ApacheDS] Entry.next=null, data[removeIndex] Please check that your keys are immutable, and that you have used synchronization properly
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2014 18:27:09 GMT
Hello, I'm having a strange issue where I find that I cannot query the LDAP after a large synchronization
operation that occurs at night. The sync deletes and recreates about 25,000 entries with an
average of 30 attributes each. Each entry is a separate call to ldapmodify. This condition
is 'corrected' by restarting the ldap server. This makes me suspect it is a cache corruption
of some sort. I'm not getting anything in the log on the server, this error is client side
only. I've tried adjusting cache from 100,000 to 1,000 entries for the partition, as well
as enabling and disabling write sync. The JVM is 1 GB xmx.

10:28:04 AM: List failed
Root error: [LDAP: error code 1 - OPERATIONS_ERROR: failed for MessageType : SEARCH_REQUEST
Message ID : 2
    SearchRequest
        baseDn : ''
        filter : '(objectClass=*)'
        scope : single level
        typesOnly : false
        Size Limit : no limit
        Time Limit : no limit
        Deref Aliases : never Deref Aliases
        attributes : 'numsubordinates'
org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.message.SearchRequestImpl@5f3340d2: Entry.next=null, data[removeIndex]=85bf738a-38c6-48c8-8772-1d000695d730=employeenumber=0000ntvd177,ou=People,dc=nasa,dc=gov
previous=3a39fa31-9a7a-4b41-bf09-d356b8258a7b=employeenumber=13584685,ou=People,dc=nasa,dc=gov
key=da6930c8-7524-488e-9e29-c1fb92c4f13d value=dc=nasa,dc=gov size=10000 maxSize=10000 Please
check that your keys are immutable, and that you have used synchronization properly. If so,
then please report this to commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org<mailto:commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
as a bug.]

Any assistance is much appreciated!

David