directory-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Sunny Soung <loespr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Migrate to Latest Version
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2014 03:34:29 GMT
Thank you Emmanuel and Kiran. My problem is solved.

Best regards,
Sunny



On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 1:21 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny <elecharny@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Le 28/07/2014 14:33, Sunny Soung a écrit :
> > Thanks for your help, Kiran. But I didn't make it.
> >
> > I used Apache Directory Studio to export all the subtree from
> 'dn=company,
> > dn=com' to a LDIF file. Then I imported that file to the new server but
> > failed. I couldn't recall the exact error message. But I remember there
> > were more than 1 errors. After changing the password policy, one of the
> > errors was gone.
>
> One important thing to know : the extracted LDIF file contains unordered
> entries. It's very likely that you get some entry present before their
> parent.
>
> If you want to import the full data, you have to run the import as many
> times as you have levels in your hierarchy. You have to check a box in
> the Studio import facility : "continue when you get an error" (from the
> top of my head). This will ignore the errors, and keep going with the
> import.
>
> The first import will fail to inject all the entries which are not top
> level, but will import the top level entry. The second import will fail
> to import the top level entry, but will import all the entries directly
> under the top level entry, and will fail for any entry under this second
> level. Etc.
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message