directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <>
Subject Re: Adding mail attribute to objectClass groupOfNames
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2014 22:38:50 GMT
Please don't post message to me directly. Post them to the mailing list.

yes, extending the gtoupOfNames ObjectClass is the standard best practice.
Modifying it is really a wrong idea. You would lose the compatibility with
all the LDAP servers out there, and any migration to a newer version of any
server will require you to modify the standard schema.

And, no, you won't be in trouble with your client : just explain him that
it's not an option. Ususally, clients are smarter than we think...

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 1:48 PM, Prasad Bodapati <>

> Sorry, I have read that but I have missed your suggestion.
> I am writing an API which sync data from ApacheDS to SOLR.
> So is that normal to extend the groupOfNames class ? If my client does not
> do that I might be in trouble.

Emmanuel L├ęcharny