directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Adding mail attribute to objectClass groupOfNames
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2014 22:38:50 GMT
Please don't post message to me directly. Post them to the mailing list.

yes, extending the gtoupOfNames ObjectClass is the standard best practice.
Modifying it is really a wrong idea. You would lose the compatibility with
all the LDAP servers out there, and any migration to a newer version of any
server will require you to modify the standard schema.

And, no, you won't be in trouble with your client : just explain him that
it's not an option. Ususally, clients are smarter than we think...

--
Regards,
Cordialement,