directory-users mailing list archives

From Brian Laskey <brian.las...@gmail.com>
Subject Generating keytab file for Websphere Kerberos configuration
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2014 21:17:23 GMT
I would like to try to use an existing Apache DS 1.5.7 server that my team
had, and add in the built in Kerberos server support (KDC). After following
a number of tutorials, I think I am somewhat there. I have principals in
Apache DS under an example.com domain.

My goal is to integrate with WebSphere Security Kerberos configuration (WAS
8.5.0.1). As part of the information required by WebSphere you must provide:
- The Kerberos keytab file contains one or more Kerberos service principal
names and keys. This same file is used for both Kerberos authentication and
SPNEGO web authentication

This seems to be a command line utility with the MIT krb5 server that would
do this (ktadd ...). Is there an equivalent approach with Apache DS? I was
unable to find documentation around this.

Thank you,
Brian