directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding mail attribute to objectClass groupOfNames
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2014 09:11:21 GMT
Le 31/07/2014 11:02, Prasad Bodapati a écrit :
> Hi All
>
> I have been trying to add mail attribute to existing objectClass groupOfNames.
Don't do that. This ObkectClass is a part of the standardized LDAP
Objectclasses, which is not meant to be modified.

Just create your own ObjectClass which extends the GroupOfNames ObjectClass.

> I could not find the objectClass groupOfNames in the OU schema ?

It's in cn=core.
> Is there any reason why ApacheDS does not have mail attribute for groupOfNames by default
?
because it's not part of RFC 4519 description :

      3.5 <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4519#section-3.5>. 'groupOfNames'

   The 'groupOfNames' object class is the basis of an entry that
   represents a set of named objects including information related to
   the purpose or maintenance of the set.
   (Source: X.521 [X.521 <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4519#ref-X.521>])

      ( 2.5.6.9 NAME 'groupOfNames'
         SUP top