directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheDS 2.0 M17 - Can't setup a referral
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2014 22:59:59 GMT
Le 17/07/2014 23:09, Isaac Bentley a écrit :
> Hello,
> I’ve tried to get reaffirmation about how to enable referrals on ApacheDS 2.0 but I’m
hitting a mental road block. Specifically, I want to enable 'referral on update' but I don’t
believe this is supported in ApacheDS. So instead, I want have all LDAP requests go to the
replicated Master server instead for all request requesting “ou=users”. But I’m getting
a schema error when I try to populate the “ref” value because I’m adding a second structural
ObjectClass “referral” when there’s “organizationUnit” is already in-place and there
can only be one structural ObjectClass at a time...

Which make sense....

A referral is a reference to another entry. Obviously, it can't hold
some data itself.

Think about referrals as linux symbolic links, for instance.

You should replace the ObjectClass attribute instead of adding new values.