directory-users mailing list archives

From Isaac Bentley <isaac.bent...@shocase.com>
Subject ApacheDS 2.0 M17 - Can't setup a referral
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2014 21:09:32 GMT
Hello,
I’ve tried to get reaffirmation about how to enable referrals on ApacheDS 2.0 but I’m
hitting a mental road block. Specifically, I want to enable 'referral on update' but I don’t
believe this is supported in ApacheDS. So instead, I want have all LDAP requests go to the
replicated Master server instead for all request requesting “ou=users”. But I’m getting
a schema error when I try to populate the “ref” value because I’m adding a second structural
ObjectClass “referral” when there’s “organizationUnit” is already in-place and there
can only be one structural ObjectClass at a time...

Is there any documentation or examples of how referrals can be done for ApacheDS 2.0?

I’ve started a clean Apache DS 2.0 from Apache Studio to simplify the error environment
and here is the result that I can replicate:

#!RESULT OK
#!CONNECTION ldap://localhost:10390
#!DATE 2014-07-17T20:50:46.651
dn: ou=users,dc=example,dc=com
changetype: add
objectClass: organizationalUnit
objectClass: top
ou: users

#!RESULT ERROR
#!CONNECTION ldap://localhost:10390
#!DATE 2014-07-17T20:52:59.450
#!ERROR [LDAP: error code 65 - OBJECT_CLASS_VIOLATION: failed for MessageType : MODIFY_REQUEST
Message ID : 16     Modify Request         Object : 'ou=users,dc=example,dc=com'
   Modification[0]                 Operation :  add                 Modification ref: ldap://ldap-1.example.com:10389/
            Modification[1]                 Operation :  add                 Modification
objectClass: extensibleObject objectClass: referral org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.message.ModifyRequestImpl@e6f12221
   ManageDsaITImpl Control         Type OID    : '2.16.840.1.113730.3.4.2'         Criticality
: 'false' ' : ERR_61 Entry ou=users,dc=example,dc=com contains more than one STRUCTURAL ObjectClass:
[OBJECT_CLASS ( 2.5.6.5  NAME 'organizationalUnit'  DESC RFC2256: an organizational unit
SUP 'top'  STRUCTURAL  MUST 'ou'  MAY ( 'userPassword' $ 'searchGuide' $ 'seeAlso' $ 'businessCategory'
$ 'x121Address' $ 'registeredAddress' $ 'destinationIndicator' $ 'preferredDeliveryMethod'
$ 'telexNumber' $ 'teletexTerminalIdentifier' $ 'telephoneNumber' $ 'internationaliSDNNumber'
$ 'facsimileTelephoneNumber' $ 'street' $ 'postOfficeBox' $ 'postalCode' $ 'postalAddress'
$ 'physicalDeliveryOfficeName' $ 'st' $ 'l' $ 'description' )  ) , OBJECT_CLASS ( 2.16.840.1.113730.3.2.6
 NAME 'referral'  DESC namedref: named subordinate referral  SUP 'top'  STRUCTURAL  MUST 'ref'
 ) ]]
dn: ou=users,dc=example,dc=com
control: 2.16.840.1.113730.3.4.2 false
changetype: modify