directory-users mailing list archives

From Reid Varner <r.var...@samsung.com>
Subject ApacheDS and Kerberos Setup
Date Wed, 07 May 2014 18:30:14 GMT
Hello,

I am tasked with setting up an ApacheDS 2.0.0 LDAP + Kerberos (including KDC) server for use
in our testing environment. I followed this guide<https://directory.apache.org/apacheds/kerberos-ug/4.2-authenticate-studio.html>,
but am unable to successfully authenticate with my LDAP server using Kerberos as per the final
step on that page.

I am using the latest Apache Directory Studio (2.0.0.v20130628).

When I have "Require Pre-Authentication By Encrypted TimeStamp" checked and I click "Check
Authentication", I get the error:javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: Integrity check
on decrypted field failed (31)

When I uncheck that field, restart the server, and click "Check Authentication" again, I get:
javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: Checksum Failed

I am sure the username and password I am supplying is correct. What could be the problem?
Has anyone successfully set up ApacheDS 2.0.0 with Kerberos? Is there a guide I should be
following somewhere?

It seems the folks over at ApacheDS have yet to document configuration<http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/kerberos-ug/2-kerberos-config.html>
of their Kerberos server.

Fyi, my configuration is exactly as per the guide<https://directory.apache.org/apacheds/kerberos-ug/4.2-authenticate-studio.html>.