directory-users mailing list archives

From Reid Varner <>
Subject ApacheDS and Kerberos Setup
Date Wed, 07 May 2014 18:30:14 GMT

I am tasked with setting up an ApacheDS 2.0.0 LDAP + Kerberos (including KDC) server for use
in our testing environment. I followed this guide<>,
but am unable to successfully authenticate with my LDAP server using Kerberos as per the final
step on that page.

I am using the latest Apache Directory Studio (2.0.0.v20130628).

When I have "Require Pre-Authentication By Encrypted TimeStamp" checked and I click "Check
Authentication", I get the Integrity check
on decrypted field failed (31)

When I uncheck that field, restart the server, and click "Check Authentication" again, I get: Checksum Failed

I am sure the username and password I am supplying is correct. What could be the problem?
Has anyone successfully set up ApacheDS 2.0.0 with Kerberos? Is there a guide I should be
following somewhere?

It seems the folks over at ApacheDS have yet to document configuration<>
of their Kerberos server.

Fyi, my configuration is exactly as per the guide<>.

Many thanks,