directory-users mailing list archives

From Sathya S <sathya.skr...@gmail.com>
Subject Approach for reset password of an expired account
Date Fri, 23 May 2014 21:17:39 GMT
I am trying to enable a flow where users of a web site can reset their
passwords  when ti has expired. I have enabled the maxAge configuration to
make the password expire after 10 days. This works well and I get an expiry
error. When I get this, I redirect the user to a change-password page where
they need to enter the old and new passwords.

I am now stuck at how to verify the old password ! If I try to bind using
the user's credentials, I get a password expiry error regardless of whether
the password I provide is right or not. I know there is a Admin user - can
I use it somehow to check th correctness of a user password even after its
expired so that I can then change it to the new one?

Thanks.