directory-users mailing list archives

From vamsi krishna <vkrishn...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Issues with External Authenticators
Date Tue, 06 May 2014 14:34:50 GMT
Hello,

I am using Apache DS M18 Version. I have just updated from M10 release. I
have observed a problem in your implementation w.r.t Authentication
Interceptors. I am trying to add another authenticator, that basically uses
a backend database to perform authentication. I have written an
authentication interceptor, which is getting registered in the
AuthenticationInterceptor class.

The problem appears when you are setting the directoryService to each
authenticator. When there are multiple Authenticators with the a common
type example SIMPLE, then the following method

register( Authenticator authenticator, DirectoryService directoryService )
throws LdapException

adds only the first Authenticator to the

authenticators field

During the next iteration when you are setting the DirectoryService to the
AuthenticaionInterceptors in the method

init( DirectoryService directoryService ) throws LdapException

you are reading just the authenticators in the authenticators field. This
results in some of the AuthenticationInterceptors missing the
directoryService variable, which is very important for Querying from LDAP.

Thanks,
Vamsi