directory-users mailing list archives

From Gabriel Albano <gabriel.alb...@pilixo.com>
Subject Re: Problem with indexes...
Date Mon, 05 May 2014 20:06:00 GMT
I am having a similar problem.  Search before adding the index:

#!SEARCH REQUEST (161) OK
#!CONNECTION ldap://stage-ds.pilixo.com:10389
#!DATE 2014-05-05T19:59:01.677
# LDAP URL     : ldap://
stage-ds.pilixo.com:10389/ou=organizations,dc=pilixo?*?sub?(displayName=gabriel*)
# command line : ldapsearch -H ldap://stage-ds.pilixo.com:10389 -x -D
"uid=admin,ou=system" -W -b "ou=organizations,dc=pilixo" -s sub -a always
-z 100000 "(displayName=gabriel*)" "*"
# baseObject   : ou=organizations,dc=pilixo
# scope        : wholeSubtree (2)
# derefAliases : derefAlways (3)
# sizeLimit    : 100000
# timeLimit    : 0
# typesOnly    : False
# filter       : (displayName=gabriel*)
# attributes   : *

#!SEARCH RESULT DONE (161) OK
#!CONNECTION ldap://stage-ds.pilixo.com:10389
#!DATE 2014-05-05T19:59:01.825
# numEntries : 2

Added index:

dn: ads-indexAttributeId=displayName,ou=indexes,ads-partitionId=pilixo,ou=pa
 rtitions,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config
objectclass: top
objectclass: ads-jdbmIndex
objectclass: ads-base
objectclass: ads-index
ads-indexattributeid: displayName
ads-indexhasreverse: FALSE
ads-enabled: TRUE

Restarted Server and searched again:

#!SEARCH REQUEST (173) OK
#!CONNECTION ldap://stage-ds.pilixo.com:10389
#!DATE 2014-05-05T20:02:16.850
# LDAP URL     : ldap://
stage-ds.pilixo.com:10389/ou=organizations,dc=pilixo?*?sub?(displayName=gabriel*)
# command line : ldapsearch -H ldap://stage-ds.pilixo.com:10389 -x -D
"uid=admin,ou=system" -W -b "ou=organizations,dc=pilixo" -s sub -a always
-z 100000 "(displayName=gabriel*)" "*"
# baseObject   : ou=organizations,dc=pilixo
# scope        : wholeSubtree (2)
# derefAliases : derefAlways (3)
# sizeLimit    : 100000
# timeLimit    : 0
# typesOnly    : False
# filter       : (displayName=gabriel*)
# attributes   : *

#!SEARCH RESULT DONE (173) OK
#!CONNECTION ldap://stage-ds.pilixo.com:10389
#!DATE 2014-05-05T20:02:16.985
# numEntries : 0

Running 2.0.0-M16, no errors in log as far as I can tell.  Furthermore, if
I modify existing or add new entries, they get picked up by the new  index,
but existing entries are not.

Thanks,
Gabriel