directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Random Error
Date Wed, 14 May 2014 15:21:34 GMT
Le 14/05/2014 16:31, vamsi krishna a écrit :
> Hi All,
>
> We are getting random errors in Apache DS. The exception is as below. Can
> you please let me know how I can debug the probable cause of this error. I
> am using Apache DS M18 build.
>
> Please advise, the error is very random, and I could not pin point a reason
> why this is happeninng. Sometimes it happens when I put an element into the
> LDAP, and sometimes during updates.

This is a well known issue we are working on for months now :/

The problem is that the backend we are using (JDBM) is not protecting
the various tables against concurrent modifications. More precisely,
when you are injecting an entry into the server, that will leads to many
table being modified (at least 10), and at some point, if some search or
modificatiuon is done at the same time, it's likely that the table the
server is using will be updated by another thread, so you will get wrong
pointers in the table the thread is using.

Bottom line : we are writing a new backend (Mavibot) which will not
suffer from such a critical problem.