directory-users mailing list archives

From Bryan Berry <bryan.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to create new partitions programmatically w/out writing java code?
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2014 11:54:05 GMT
Hello again friends in apacheds

when i attempt to add the following new partition with ldapadd, I get an
error

# foobar.ldif
dn: dc=foobar,dc=com
objectclass: domain
objectclass: top
dc: foobar

-bash-4.1# ldapadd -H ldap://localhost:10389 -D 'uid=admin,ou=system' -w
'xxxxxx' -f instances/default/conf/foobar.ldif
adding new entry "dc=foobar,dc=com"
ldap_add: No such object (32)
        additional info: NO_SUCH_OBJECT: failed for MessageType :
ADD_REQUEST
Message ID : 2
    Add Request :
Entry
    dn[n]: dc=foobar,dc=com
    objectclass: domain
    objectclass: top
    dc: cyclecloud
: ERR_268 Cannot find a partition for dc=foobar,dc=com

Is there something else I need to create first in order to create a new
partition?