directory-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problem with indexes...
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2014 07:09:20 GMT
On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 12:29 PM, Chris Betts <pegacat@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Kirin,
>
>      I get exactly the same behaviour with the 'cn' attribute, so I
> suspect the problem is something to do with creating the indexes after the
> partition has been created rather than the attribute.
>
>      Curiously, using the same data I successfully created a directory
> with working indices on an AWS linux image, but in that case I created the
> indices at the same time I created the partition.
>
>     Here's my current 'not working' config from my laptop (OSX / java 6 /
> apacheds 2) which returns 0 entries when searching for (cn=*):

you need to restart the server after adding the new index/indices in
configuration.
Can you try the search after restarting? note that server may take a while
to start due to indexing the data
(btw, configuration is looking good)

otoh, this is strange, the search shouldn't get impacted before restart,
what version of the server are you using?

> #!SEARCH REQUEST (146) OK
>
> #!CONNECTION ldap://localhost:10389
>
> #!DATE 2014-04-23T06:43:15.774
>
> # LDAP URL     :
> ldap://localhost:10389/o=groupmind,c=au?objectClass?sub?(cn=*)
>
> # command line : ldapsearch -H ldap://localhost:10389 -x -D
> "uid=admin,ou=system" -W -b "o=groupmind,c=au" -s sub -a always -z 1000
> "(cn=*)" "objectClass"
>
> # baseObject   : o=groupmind,c=au
>
> # scope        : wholeSubtree (2)
>
> # derefAliases : derefAlways (3)
>
> # sizeLimit    : 1000
>
> # timeLimit    : 0
>
> # typesOnly    : False
>
> # filter       : (cn=*)
>
> # attributes   : objectClass
>

> #!SEARCH RESULT DONE (146) OK
>
> #!CONNECTION ldap://localhost:10389
>
> #!DATE 2014-04-23T06:43:15.776
>
> # numEntries : 0
>

> ... hope this helps; however since the AWS version is working fine it's no
> longer super-important to solve - I'll try blowing away the partition and
> recreating it along with the indexes at the same time, and see if that
> solves the problem :-).

sure, but see if restarting the server fixes this problem and let me know.

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com