directory-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how to create new partitions programmatically w/out writing java code?
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2014 15:21:04 GMT
On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 3:53 PM, Bryan Berry <bryan.berry@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to create a new partition programmatically, ideally using
> something like the commandline tool ldapadd, to create a new partition. Is

using ldapadd you can only add the partition's configuration, to make the
partition available you need to restart the server

> there any way to do this w/out writing java code? alternately is there any
> way to prepopulate a partition in a new ldap instance by putting a copy of
> a partition database?

if you have the data files in a compatible format then moving them to
partitions
folder and adding the appropriate configuration should do the trick

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com