directory-users mailing list archives

From Fabrice Aupert <fabr...@gmail.com>
Subject Import custom schema from OpenLDAP
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2014 12:49:28 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to import a custom schema which used to live in an OpenLDAP
server (v2.3). This schema has its own dn (dn:
cn={12}myclient123,cn=schema,cn=config.

I've installed ApacheDS 2.0.0_M16, configured a new partition, named
myclient123 with a dc=myclient123,dc=net suffix.

Schema-wise I've created a new entry under ou=schema :
cn=myclient123,ou=schema (via ldapadd and an export from Apache Directory
Studio/Schema Editor). That's about everything I've managed to achieve :

- Apche Directory Studio : I've tried to export the OpenLDAP schema as LDIF
file, then failed to import this file into ApacheDS (getting various
errors, fixing, getting another error, etc)
- Apche Directory Studio : create an offline schema, then import from
OpenLDAP schema files > I've no idea how to generate those files from my
OpenLDAP version which uses dynamic DB stuff
- ldapmodify : I've generated a 'changetype: modify' kind of LDIF file from
the OpenLDAP schema but when I try to import it into dn:
cn=myclient123,ou=schema I get a nice 'modifying entry
cn=myclient123,ou=schema modify complete' message followed by... a big
disappointment : nothing is actually imported into ApacheDS (service
restart done), not a single attributeType :)

I'm kind of running out of ideas. I may be following the wrong paths as I'm
king of new in the LDAP domain, any advice would be very welcome.

Cheers.
Fabrice