directory-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Chris Betts <pega...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem with indexes...
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2014 00:27:10 GMT
Hi Folks,

    I'm trying to migrate a project from openldap to apacheds, and I've hit
a weird problem with indexing... I suspect I'm doing something wrong, and
I'm hoping someone can help :-).

   Basically, I have a DIT with a subtree of entries containing a custom
schema attribute 'groupmindID', which is a case sensitive ID code.  The
application uses this groupmindID for searching entries.

   After importing the schema and starting things up everything worked, but
it was pretty slow, so I thought I'd index various attributes, which I did
using the 'Partitions->Configuration' pane, at which point apacheds stopped
finding them at all!

   I've replicated the problem in apacheds studio; here's some output.

#!SEARCH REQUEST (212) OK
#!CONNECTION ldap://localhost:10389
#!DATE 2014-04-23T00:04:42.092
# LDAP URL     :
ldap://localhost:10389/cn=topics,o=groupmind,c=au?objectClass?sub?(groupmindID=*)
# command line : ldapsearch -H ldap://localhost:10389 -x -D
"uid=admin,ou=system" -W -b "cn=topics,o=groupmind,c=au" -s sub -a always
-z 1000 "(groupmindID=*)" "objectClass"
# baseObject   : cn=topics,o=groupmind,c=au
# scope        : wholeSubtree (2)
# derefAliases : derefAlways (3)
# sizeLimit    : 1000
# timeLimit    : 0
# typesOnly    : False
# filter       : (groupmindID=*)
# attributes   : objectClass

#!SEARCH RESULT DONE (212) OK
#!CONNECTION ldap://localhost:10389
#!DATE 2014-04-23T00:04:42.102
# numEntries : 0

***
***  Delete index on 'groupmindID' and restart server, rerun test:
***

#!SEARCH REQUEST (253) OK
#!CONNECTION ldap://localhost:10389
#!DATE 2014-04-23T00:09:42.999
# LDAP URL     :
ldap://localhost:10389/cn=topics,o=groupmind,c=au?objectClass?sub?(groupmindID=*)
# command line : ldapsearch -H ldap://localhost:10389 -x -D
"uid=admin,ou=system" -W -b "cn=topics,o=groupmind,c=au" -s sub -a always
-z 1000 "(groupmindID=*)" "objectClass"
# baseObject   : cn=topics,o=groupmind,c=au
# scope        : wholeSubtree (2)
# derefAliases : derefAlways (3)
# sizeLimit    : 1000
# timeLimit    : 0
# typesOnly    : False
# filter       : (groupmindID=*)
# attributes   : objectClass

#!SEARCH RESULT DONE (253) OK
#!CONNECTION ldap://localhost:10389
#!DATE 2014-04-23T00:09:46.856
# numEntries : 1000



... I've had a play around, and I can get the same behaviour even from
'normal' attributes like 'cn', so I suspect I'm doing something bone headed
with the way I've set the indexes up - apologies if it's obvious, I'm very
new to apacheds and apacheds studio!

   cheers,

      - Chris

-----
*Dr Christopher Betts*
Australian Cloud Identity
http://cloudidentity.com.au
m: 0408 533 456

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message