directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to create new partitions programmatically w/out writing java code?
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2014 09:47:00 GMT
Le 4/15/14 11:25 AM, Bryan Berry a écrit :
> Hello Emmanuel,
>
> I have not been successful trying to add the partition.
>
> I have added the text you specified, minus the line
>
>  "ads-contextentry:: <The context entry as a valid LDIF file, base64
> encoded>"
>
> and I still don't see the new partition. I apologize for my lack of
> knowledge about ldap, I am just getting started.
>
> I feel that i am likely missing something very basic

You should see the partition in the namingContexts, in the rootDSE. But
if you don't inject the associated contextEntry, you won't see anything
in your tree.

The partition is just the container, but it contains nothing whn you
create it. the contextEntry is the root of your partition, and it's the
very first entry you will see.

Have you read
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/basic-ug/1.4.3-adding-partition.html ?

--