directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to create new partitions programmatically w/out writing java code?
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2014 12:08:57 GMT
Le 4/14/14 1:54 PM, Bryan Berry a écrit :
> Hello again friends in apacheds
>
> when i attempt to add the following new partition with ldapadd, I get an
> error
>
> # foobar.ldif
> dn: dc=foobar,dc=com
> objectclass: domain
> objectclass: top
> dc: foobar
>
> -bash-4.1# ldapadd -H ldap://localhost:10389 -D 'uid=admin,ou=system' -w
> 'xxxxxx' -f instances/default/conf/foobar.ldif
> adding new entry "dc=foobar,dc=com"
> ldap_add: No such object (32)
>         additional info: NO_SUCH_OBJECT: failed for MessageType :
> ADD_REQUEST
> Message ID : 2
>     Add Request :
> Entry
>     dn[n]: dc=foobar,dc=com
>     objectclass: domain
>     objectclass: top
>     dc: cyclecloud
> : ERR_268 Cannot find a partition for dc=foobar,dc=com
>
> Is there something else I need to create first in order to create a new
> partition?

You need to declare the partition in the configuration file.

Either you do that with Studio, or you modify the config.ldif file and add those elements
into it :

dn: ads-partitionId=foobar,ou=partitions,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config
objectclass: top
objectClass: ads-base
objectclass: ads-partition
objectclass: ads-jdbmPartition
ads-partitionSuffix: dc=foobar,dc=com
ads-contextentry:: <The context entry as a valid LDIF file, base64 encoded>
ads-jdbmpartitionoptimizerenabled: TRUE
ads-partitioncachesize: 10000
ads-partitionsynconwrite: TRUE
ads-partitionid: example
ads-enabled: TRUE

dn: ou=indexes,ads-partitionId=foobar,ou=partitions,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config
ou: indexes
objectclass: organizationalUnit
objectclass: top

dn: ads-indexAttributeId=apacheRdn,ou=indexes,ads-partitionId=foobar,ou=partitions,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config
ads-indexattributeid: apacheRdn
ads-indexHasReverse: TRUE
ads-indexcachesize: 100
objectclass: ads-index
objectclass: ads-jdbmIndex
objectclass: ads-base
objectclass: top
ads-enabled: TRUE

dn: ads-indexAttributeId=apachePresence,ou=indexes,ads-partitionId=foobar,ou=partitions,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config
ads-indexattributeid: apachePresence
ads-indexHasReverse: FALSE
ads-indexcachesize: 100
objectclass: ads-index
objectclass: ads-jdbmIndex
objectclass: ads-base
objectclass: top
ads-enabled: TRUE

dn: ads-indexAttributeId=apacheOneAlias,ou=indexes,ads-partitionId=foobar,ou=partitions,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config
ads-indexattributeid: apacheOneAlias
ads-indexHasReverse: FALSE
ads-indexcachesize: 100
objectclass: ads-index
objectclass: ads-jdbmIndex
objectclass: ads-base
objectclass: top
ads-enabled: TRUE

dn: ads-indexAttributeId=apacheSubAlias,ou=indexes,ads-partitionId=foobar,ou=partitions,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config
ads-indexattributeid: apacheSubAlias
ads-indexHasReverse: FALSE
ads-indexcachesize: 100
objectclass: ads-index
objectclass: ads-jdbmIndex
objectclass: ads-base
objectclass: top
ads-enabled: TRUE

dn: ads-indexAttributeId=apacheAlias,ou=indexes,ads-partitionId=foobar,ou=partitions,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config
ads-indexattributeid: apacheAlias
ads-indexHasReverse: FALSE
ads-indexcachesize: 100
objectclass: ads-index
objectclass: ads-jdbmIndex
objectclass: ads-base
objectclass: top
ads-enabled: TRUE

dn: ads-indexAttributeId=dc,ou=indexes,ads-partitionId=foobar,ou=partitions,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config
ads-indexattributeid: dc
ads-indexHasReverse: FALSE
ads-indexcachesize: 100
objectclass: ads-index
objectclass: ads-jdbmIndex
objectclass: ads-base
objectclass: top
ads-enabled: TRUE

dn: ads-indexAttributeId=objectClass,ou=indexes,ads-partitionId=foobar,ou=partitions,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config
ads-indexattributeid: objectClass
ads-indexHasReverse: FALSE
ads-indexcachesize: 100
objectclass: ads-index
objectclass: ads-jdbmIndex
objectclass: ads-base
objectclass: top
ads-enabled: TRUE

dn: ads-indexAttributeId=entryCSN,ou=indexes,ads-partitionId=foobar,ou=partitions,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config
ads-indexattributeid: entryCSN
ads-indexHasReverse: FALSE
ads-indexcachesize: 100
objectclass: ads-index
objectclass: ads-jdbmIndex
objectclass: ads-base
objectclass: top
ads-enabled: TRUE

dn: ads-indexAttributeId=administrativeRole,ou=indexes,ads-partitionId=foobar,ou=partitions,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config
ads-indexattributeid: administrativeRole
ads-indexHasReverse: FALSE
ads-indexcachesize: 100
objectclass: ads-index
objectclass: ads-jdbmIndex