directory-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Upgrading between milestone versions
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2014 06:31:17 GMT
On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 11:45 AM, Sathya Sekar <sathya.mac@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We had installed ApacheDS version 2.0-M10 on our Red Hat Linux staging
> environment and have been using it for the past few months. We ran into an
> issue recently which per release notes has been fixed in the latest
> version, 2.0-M15. We would hence like to move to this new version.
>
> Is there a documented upgrade process for upgrading from one ApacheDS
> milestone version to another? "Upgrading" is important as we want to ensure
> that we retain all existing data with the upgrade.
>
> there were a couple of config option changes between the versions M10 and
M15

hence I would suggest you to follow this process in a dev/qa environment
first:

1. backup the data as LDIF files
2. install new version of the server
3. apply the configuration changes (DO NOT import the config.ldif from old
version)
4. *if* you have any custom schemas import them as well
5. restart the server
6. import data and verify
7. if all is good perform above in production

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com