directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DS M16 and Studio M2
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2014 18:56:02 GMT
Le 3/25/14 5:35 PM, Jim Willeke a écrit :
> Does not say anything about "Admins" being the only ones to be able to
> retrieve the values.

This is not how I read the RFC.

"These attributes are retrievable, subject to access control and other restrictions, if a
client performs a Search operation"

Here, 'user' is not specifically an admin.

> Only that they should be returned only as operational attributes would be.
>
> How else would a client know the capabilities of the server?
I think that's not the point here.

The question was : "can we block non-admin to fetch info from the
RootDSE" and the response is clearly yes, assuming that the right ACI is
set at the right place.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,