directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Slow search for a string starting with "*"
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2014 16:50:08 GMT
Le 3/21/14 5:18 PM, Ernst Bech a écrit :
> I'm using ApacheDS 2.0.0-M16.
>
> I made "cn" an index, imported my own schema and then imported a bunch of
> data (4000 entries) based partially on the own schema.
>
> After importing was finished I did a number of searches. The searches for
> "(cn=foo)" and "(cn=foo*)" were very fast (msecs) as expected but the
> search for "(cn=*foo)" was very slow (seconds).
>
> Is this a known issue or can it be improved?

This is a known issue. Also it should not take seconds.

The rational is that substring searches are done by doing a full scan
(ie, each entry is being read, and the cn attribute will be compared to
the filter).

With 4000 entries in your base, it should take less than a second.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,