directory-users mailing list archives

From "Marcel Weinberg" <mweinberg...@email.de>
Subject Aw: Re: ApacheDS Server - unable to listen on UDP
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2014 12:42:51 GMT
Hi,

>udp is not supported by the LDAP protocol. I know that M$ is supporting
>LDAP over UDP, but this is a plain nonsense : there is no way you can
>initiate a SSL conncetion over UDP.

thanks for your fast reply.

I suspected something like that before... But then I saw that the M$-documentation says that
it requires UPD for LDAPv2 and v3. So I guessed this might be specified by the LDAP specs
and not by the M$ specs.

I'm not sure if it becomes off topic now, but how to connect a Windows client to the Apache
Studio? The setup of the server is done and it works great with all our mail clients and a
lot of different other tools and services.

Please send me a private mail if it's off topic.

Best regards and thank you again!
Marcel