directory-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Trying to create a partition programmatically - need help
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2014 04:42:49 GMT
On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 11:42 PM, Louie, Kenneth W <kenneth.w.louie@lmco.com
> wrote:

> How do I add/configure a partition over the network? Is there an example I
> can go off?
>
> you need to add all the entries that are shown in this example
http://d.pr/n/2B0q
You need to replace the  value of ads-partitionSuffix with dc=
newParition,dc=com
and ads-partitionId with some unique value like 'newPartition' (can be
anything)
then restart the server and finally add the below shown context entry.

> When I initialize the partition in the code below, I see the files being
> created. However, when I restart my ApacheDS server, and try to add the
> context entry, I'm this error seeing:
>
> looks like the partition wasn't created

> 2014-02-12 13:06:57,741 PartitionCommand [ERROR] Error creating partition:
> org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.exception.LdapNoSuchObjectException:
> NO_SUCH_OBJECT: failed for MessageType : ADD_REQUEST
> Message ID : 4
>     Add Request :
> Entry
>     dn[n]: dc= newParition,dc=com
>     objectClass: top
>     objectClass: domain
>     dc: newParition
> : ERR_268 Cannot find a partition for dc= newParition,dc=com
>
> When I create a partition through Studio, and restart the server, I see a
> partition entry in the config.ldif. I assume I need to create that entry
> using the java api? Is there an example on how to do this?
>
> the same as mentioned above, just add all those config entries first using
API, then restart before adding
the context entry

--
Kiran Ayyagari